PeopleSoft Page and Field ConfiguratorMay 3, 2018, Pradeep Neelakandan
Overview: The Page and Field Configurator is a brand new configurable framework built upon PeopleTools Event Mapping that provides the ability to modify labels, hide fields, disable fields for data entry, specify a default value for a field, select a field for enforcing required edits or even hide an entire page without the use of Application Designer. The ability to define multiple configurations to the same component can be based on the user role or based on criteria specified within the transaction data.
- Enables to tailor PeopleSoft page modification needs using this feature across PeopleSoft applications to meet customer needs.
- Eliminates the use of Application Designer and no technical effort is required.
- Eliminates the cost and impact that is associated with customizations and upgrade.
Let’s say business is using online billing entry component in Billing module for creating online invoices. You received a requirement on making changes to online billing entry for certain group of users with regards to making Accounting Date field as a required field, relabeling Collector field label as ‘Collection Specialist’, hiding Billing Authority field and disabling entry on From Date and To Date fields for invoices with standard frequency.
Let’s take a look on the Billing Entry page before applying changes using Page and Field Configurator feature.
Now let’s go to Page and Field Configurator feature to make the changes on billing entry component to enable the required business needs on this page.
- Go to Enterprise Components-> Page and Field Configuration-> Page and Field Configurator.
Add a new value, enter online billing component name ‘BI_ENTRY’ and select Market as Global.
Enter Description of potential changes you going to make.
Specify the transaction data criteria for which changes will be applied. In this case, we are intending to apply the changes only for bills of standard ‘ONCE’ frequency.
5. Enter and specify the desired fields that needs to hidden, relabeled, disable entry or made as required field meeting the business needs.
6. Save the changes and validate configurations to make sure there are errors on new metadata applied on page.
7. Specify the user list for which the new changes will be applied and visible. In this case, users belonging to role ‘Billing Coordinator’ can only view the changes.
8. Select Map to Portal Registry enables to select appropriate portal navigation which enables to apply changes on selected component and apply the configuration.
Now, let’s take a look at the online billing entry page and view the changes through PeopleSoft page and field configurator. Now Accounting Date field is made as a required field, relabeled Collector label as Collection Specialist, disabled entry on Billing Authority field which is grayed out and don’t see From Date and To Date fields anymore for invoices of standard frequency.