PeopleSoft 9.2 Fluid UI Travel & ExpensesApril 23, 2017 Tushar Goyal
- You get to configure multiple Expense types and create rules around it
- Create policies to prevent any fraudulent activities
- Give your auditing team and approvers total visibility on any violations
While registering, attendees were asked few questions:
- 35% said they are using classic
- Another 35% said they are using Fluid T&E
- Finally 30% didn’t provide an answer, which implies they are not using T&E at all
How many people have T&E Module licensed but not Implemented?
- 38% said NO – They HAVE implemented and are using this module
- 11% Said YES – That they have the license but NOT implemented it
- And 8% – are actually interested in getting the license for this module
Why PeopleSoft Fluid T&E?
Ease of navigation – With bigger cleaner tiles, it is easier to navigate across features while creating expense reports
PeopleSoft 9.2 T&E New Features Upto PUM 23
PUM Image 10
- Expense report creation process has been enhanced by establishing a relationship between expense roles and expense types. You can now control the expense types that can be used by an expense role, when creating expense reports.
- It is helpful for customers who need to restrict what contractors can see, or provide additional expense types to executives.
- You can significantly reduce the list of available expense types for users.
- Functionality available in all areas where expense types are prompted: Expense Report, Travel Authorization, Quick-Fill, Expense Type Groups, My Wallet, Receipt Split, Hotel Wizard
Streamline the user Interface by Role – GL Chartfields
- Specify which individual GL ChartFields users can see and interact with
- Eliminate access to users unaware of complex accounting strings
Receipts required configuration
- This option allows you to determine a minimum receipt amount that is applied to expense report lines based on the expense type, payment type, and whether the expense was received through a credit card feed for the business unit.
- You can establish rules for when receipts (or comments) are required and this configuration is driven by BU
- Override capability down to expense type and payment type
- Printed expense report has a grid to indicate to the user which receipts are needed
- Optional new step added to require receipt verification prior to initiating approval routings
- Provides additional security for organizations with the business process of requiring receipts before approving
Ability to view Travel Authorizations using PeopleSoft Fluid UI on smartphones and tablets
- Users can view travel authorizations that are in a Pending, Submitted, or Approved status
Expense WorkCenter for Accounting/Auditors
Expenses WorkCenter provides users with a centralized work area to complete tasks efficiently with reduced navigation
- It’s a Powerful tool for accounting and expense department auditors to manage approvals, exceptions, etc.
- Key components delivered in the Expenses WorkCenter include links to expense exceptions, approvals, time reports, cash advances, expense reports, travel authorizations, and payment information
- Users can quickly access various pages, Links, Processes, Reports, Queries and perform daily tasks without leaving the WorkCenter
- Dashboard charts and pivot grids for immediate visualization
PUM Image 19
Many more features were introduced in this Image Update. E.g. Fluid user interface was expanded to include additional capabilities previously reserved for PIA Classic such as Withdraw Expense Report and Link Cash Advances and/or Travel Authorizations.
Expense and Travel Authorization Functionality Enhanced to Fluid UI
Features such as Expense Type Search, Import from My Wallet, Hotel Wizard, Receipt Itemization, Full Accounting Splits, Per Diems, VAT/GST, Exchange Rate Overrides, Attach Receipt Images, Text Receipt Images via Twilio
Transaction accounting distributions
- There are Full Accounting Splits at Header & Line Levels
- Uses EX Privilege Templates to selectively display only those ChartFields that are desired
- Plan to leverage new Fluid Accounting ChartField Entry Framework for consistency across FSCM (Accounting Tags)
Attach Expense Receipts
- Upload receipt images from phone or any mobile device
- Header level and/or line level attachments
- Easily break down complex hotel folios to properly charge the correct expense types
- Uses Fluid Activity Guide Framework
PUM Image 22
- Authorized Users (Proxy Entry) (DEMO)
- Fluid Expense Report & Travel Authorization
- Select from authorized list of employees
- Search/Filter for longer lists
- View/Edit/Submit rules enabled
- If you have configured, the User Defaults will populate
- Originating Location added for mileage transactions, and included in import
- My Wallet allows save with incomplete data (e.g. no expense type, zero amount, etc.)
- Preparation for upcoming text messaging integration
View Printable Expense Report
- This feature is available for all Fluid form factors and lets you print/generate a PDF file
- Download PDF to device
- Receipts required grid display to assist user in determining which receipts are needed via business rules configuration
Other Enhancements and refinement from PUM 19
- User Defaults are added to L/XL form factors (DEMO) (This feature was not even in Classic before and is brand new).
- Quick-Fill enabled in Fluid when creating new expense report, as well as via More button
- Enter date range and select expense types to auto-generate (once or for all days in range)
PUM Image 23
In PUM 23 most of the changes are related to conversion of Classic functionality into Fluid. Also
- Enhanced the Fluid interface for approving Travel Authorizations, Cash Advances, Cash Advance Post-Pay Audits, and Expense Post-Pay Audits. Also added the ability to view notes for all transactions.
- An Approver can see the attachment which was not the case in previous versions