FasTest Implementation for a Pennsylvania-based Health Insurance Customer
Customer is a mission-based managed care organization. It is more than just another health insurance company. Customer offers insurance, health services and other offerings to more than 5.7 million members in more than 15 states across the US.
Customer requirement was to:
- Get effective test automation for the PUM update regression testing or change management regression testing to minimize the manual testing time and effort.
- Leverage Astute’s pre-built test libraries on PeopleSoft 9.2 FSCM and HCM application to perform automated testing on vanilla functionalities, and to design and build shell scripts on the areas of customization or in-scope business process.
- Find options to integrate FasTest’s defect data managed in FasTest’s defect management component with HP QC ALM system.
The goal was to automate standard business processes to reduce testing time lead to faster burndown, reduce cross modular dependencies and improve reporting.
- Test Coverage – Limited resources within customer QA team and limited time
- Testing Accuracy – Challenging to ensure accurate test results
- Test Documentation Overhead – Tons of Excel-based manual Scripts and test data
- Functional Dependencies – Cross-modular testing, increasing dependency and time-consuming
- Testing Management Overhead – Tracking and reporting testing results by PUM update or change request project
Solutions & Services
Astute helped customer identifypotential areas and determine scope for test automation. Solution was provided for tracking and reviewing FasTest testing metrics by maintenance projects. Solution was proposed for integrating FasTest with HP QC ALMRead More
for defect management. Additionally, solution and best practices were provided on test maintenance strategy for effectively maintaining test scripts and expanding test coverage in the long term.
Astute provided the following services to the Customer:
- FasTest implementation and test automation
- Pre-Built test libraries on PeopleSoft 9.2 PUM 23 FSCM and PUM 21 HCM application
- Designing and building PTF business process tests (shell test) on FSCM and HCM applications (20 PTF Shell Tests and 90 PTF Tests)
- PeopleSoft Test Framework and FasTest training, and walk-through of scripts
- FasTest integration with HP QC ALM
- Test Maintenance best practice and tips
Benefits & Results
- FasTesteased QA and functional team’s worries about PTF and helped them execute test effectively in the system
- Astute’s pre-built test libraries helped customer jumpstart automated testing on off-the-shelf process on FSCM and HCM application
- Astute helped customer to determine long-term test maintenance strategy, based on the recommendations and expertise provided.