Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/ubywerjyeiwv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
FasTest for PTF Transforms PeopleSoft 9.2 Upgrade Testing for a Health Care Customer
Customer is an award-winning, nonprofit, integrated health system providing exceptional health care across the full spectrum of health care services. It is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN. Customer’s broad continuum includes academic and community hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, senior and long-term care facilities, retail and specialty pharmacies, and much more.
The customer is using PeopleSoft 9.2 FSCM and HCM and wanted to increase the test accuracy and test coverage for its end-to-end business process tests.
The goal was to automate standard business processes to reduce testing time lead to faster burndown, reduce cross modular dependencies and improve reporting.
- Test Coverage – Limited resources and time, limited coverage
- Testing Accuracy – Challenging to ensure accurate test results
- Test Documentation Overhead – Tons of Excel-based manual scripts and test data
- Functional Dependencies – Cross-modular testing introducing inefficiencies
- Testing Management Overhead – Tracking and reporting was a major overhead
- Impact on PUM Planning – Testing overhead impacting rate of PUM adoption.
Solutions & Services
Astute provided the following services to the customer:
- Identified the scope of Test Automation
- Developed Test Scenarios in PeopleSoft Test Framework for all in scope end-to-end business processes
- ImplementedFasTest Test Automation for enhanced test automation and Test Management Capabilities
- Provided training on PeopleSoft Test Framework &FasTest
- Provided Test Maintenance Strategy
- FasTest Implementation with PeopleTools 8.55
- 40 Test Shells built using PeopleTools Test Framework
- PeopleTools Test Framework &FasTest Training
- Planning for PUM Updates
Benefits & Results
FasTest automation helped reduce testing time, as the automation covered 40 business process tests, including 80 functional-based transactions