FasTest for PTF takes PUM Update Testing to the Next Level for a Non-Profit Customer
Customer is a non-profit organization that helps people with issues such as healthcare, employment and income security, and protection from financial abuse. They are headquartered in Washington, D.C.
The customer is using PeopleSoft 9.2 FSCM and HCM. Their goal was to:
- Automate critical business processes to reduce testing time
- Reduce manual intervention by automating the process of fetching test data values
- Reduce cross-modular dependencies and introduce real-time and intuitive reporting
Customer intends to use the test automation solution for a variety of projects in their steady-state phase but not limited to: database upgrade, PUM Image updates, new module implementations and small enhancement projects.
- Time constraints – Too much to test in a short span of time
- Test Coverage – Not all business processes were tested due to limited resources during any project
- Accuracy – Challenging to ensure accurate test results
- Reporting – Time consuming with no access to real-time testing information
- Dependencies – With multiple interfaces and cross-modular dependencies, had to chase down the appropriate testers
Solutions & Services
Astute helped customer to:
- Identify scope of test automation
- Develop business process test scenarios and individual test scripts in PeopleSoft Test Framework
- Implement FasTest Test Automation solution for an enhanced testing experience and PTF test management capabilities
- Train staff on PeopleSoft Test Framework and FasTest Automation Tools
- Create a test maintenance strategy to be used for the steady-state phase and future projects
Benefits & Results
- Total automated test scenarios – 100
- Total automated individual test scripts – 1000 (approx.)
- Successful execution – Entire test suite was executed in SIT and UAT environments
The PeopleSoft test automation project helped the customer organize its entire test repository suite for both Financials and Human Capital Management applications. The solution also is projected to reduce their regression testing costs for their future projects.